writesftk

Writes for the King... a place for new author Kimberlee R. Mendoza to share, market and sound off.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Diego, California, United States

Youth and Creative Arts Pastor at SRC

Monday, April 07, 2008

Top Ten Reasons I Keep Writing


10. Because I can.
9. Because my high school teacher said I would never be published, and I aim to continue proving him wrong.
8. It gives me a good excuse to eat chocolate.
7. There isn't anything good on TV until after 8:00 pm anyways.
6. I need to show my children that dreams can come true.
5. So I can turn my brain off from life now and then.
4. It's more fun than housework.
3. I can create a character that will say everything I'm dying to say,
but can't legally say without getting sued.
2. It's an acceptable form of schizophrenia.
1. Because it's what I was created to do and I wouldn't be happy doing anything else.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kimberlee - I love, relate with, and applaud all your reasons for writing, but #6 is most important to me, as well.

take care!

~Ashley

7:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That English teacher didn't happen to be Mr. Ales, did it?

Jason M. mentioned the reunion and I gotten mailers in the past regarding your releases.

You have done tremendous things! Keep it up!

Kris Blais
(Yes, I just happen to be a high school English teacher! Now THAT'S irony!)

9:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops! please forgive the missing 'have'

NICE!

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home