writesftk

Writes for the King... a place for new author Kimberlee R. Mendoza to share, market and sound off.

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Diego, California, United States

Youth and Creative Arts Pastor at SRC

Friday, February 12, 2010

THIN PLACE--GOD & PUSH UPS

In 1989, I joined the Army. In order to start basic training, I had to do one “man’s” pushup. No problem. I had trained with a hard-core Marine.
I climbed on top of a table and got in “position.”
Two drill sergeants stood on each side of me.
I lowered my torso to the table.
"Lower!” they yelled. “You have to go lower."
I tried.
Again and again, I endeavored to push my chest to the table and back once more.
But my limbs gave out, and I collapsed to the table.
Not making it meant two weeks in Fitness Company (eight hours of physical training for two weeks).
I cried so hard to God, “How could you do this to me? You brought me to New Jersey to fail.”
I was so angry.
Well, I did my two weeks and went onto basic—doing fifty pushups, mind you. But that two-week detour followed me.
I ended up being two weeks late for starting class in Chaplain’s school and had to wait for the next class. The entire class I missed shipped out for the war in Panama.
Then I missed my permanent assignment by two weeks and was reassigned. The position I should have had, went to Desert Storm. And, when I got out, I joined the National Guard, missing the L.A. Riots by two weeks.
I have learned that God has my best interest in mind, even when I can’t see it. He can use even a pushup to protect me; I just need to trust Him.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mary DeMuth said...

Wow, isn't it interesting that God knows our path? I'm thankful He spared you!

1:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice post. thanks.

11:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

After getting more than 10000 visitors/day to my website I thought your writesftk.blogspot.com website also need unstoppable flow of traffic...

Use this BRAND NEW software and get all the traffic for your website you will ever need ...

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

In testing phase it generated 867,981 visitors and $540,340.

Then another $86,299.13 in 90 days to be exact. That's $958.88 a
day!!

And all it took was 10 minutes to set up and run.

But how does it work??

You just configure the system, click the mouse button a few
times, activate the software, copy and paste a few links and
you're done!!

Click the link BELOW as you're about to witness a software that
could be a MAJOR turning point to your success.

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home